Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Story Behind the Picture

Today I have a guest blogger - my hubby, Craig! Its short and sweet, but it says so much. Now, without further ado...I present..a Blog by Craig...



Good looking little dude hua... That's my little 10 year old boy.

It all started about 14 years ago when I met my wife. Sometime before we were married, maybe about 3 to 5 months after we started dating, we went for a walk in a park. My wife ...saw a little tree there and got a naughty idea. She scratched "Craig + Liz" in the tree. This was back in 1995 sometime. After that day, many things have transpired in our lives, like getting married and having a child.

For the first time in about 14 years, my Son and I happened to be driving by that park, and I said, "I wonder if I could find that tree that Liz scratched our names into." Well, funny thing, it was right there after 14 years, very readable. When she did it, it was a couple feet lower, and much smaller.

So I had my Son stand under the little time capsule. My wife and I never would have imagined at the time 14 years ago, that we would have our little 10 year old boy, standing right beneath that little spur of the moment message. At the time, I don't think we knew we would be married and go through all the good times we have had since then.

Maybe I'll visit it in another 15 years, and put my grandson, or grand-daughter under that tree for a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment