Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Clueless!

The Season Finale of American Idol has come and gone - and as you may or may not know, this was my first season watching the show. (It really consumed a lot of my time, but I've loved it!)

My personal pick was Danny Gokey, who was eliminated last week. And truly, I'll be holding out for him to release something, because he is the BEST! I LOVED seeing him perform last night! Pairing him up with Lionel Richie was brilliant. (Lionel Richie is the soundtrack of my high school days!)

I also LOVED Alison Iraheta and Cyndi Lauper's duet of Time After Time. It was beautiful! I went on iTunes this morning to see if we could download any of the performances, but I found nothing! (bummer!)

But here's the main reason for this post today. I had to laugh at myself when I re-read the post I wrote at the beginning of the season. I had said that I couldn't figure out why the judges picked Kris Allen, and that I thought he was just "OK". Boy, was I ever clueless! I would have never guessed back then that he'd be the last man standing!

Congrats to Kris!

Not sure if I have the fortitude to face another season - I was on the edge of my seat every week! But yeah, I'll definitely watch next season because now I am hooked!

So NOW what do I watch on Tuesdays and Wednesday???

No comments:

Post a Comment