Monday, July 21, 2008

July 21, 2008 - Monday

Monday again!

Last week hubby worked at home all week. It always puts me in a weird frame of mind, cuz it seems that he throws my "schedule" off when he's home. But it's summer vacation and Little Boy is home too, so my schedule is kinda thrown off anyway. Also, since we're in penny pinching mode right now, it's good to save on the gas and the toll road charges that we'd pay if he had gone to work. I did notice something else, though - there was about half the amount of laundry last week, since Hubby just threw his same old shorts and t-shirt on every day!

I also did something else that ended up being a great idea - even though I did it unintentionally. I cleaned half the house on Wednesday, and then the other half on Thursday. Each day took about an hour, and my house was clean! (Which makes me wonder why it takes me ALL day to clean the house sometimes, but ok, whatever...) I ended up doing this because on Wednesday, I had some ladies over for our weekly bible study. I thought I'd just clean up the front rooms: Living/Dining room, Kitchen, TV room, and of course, the Guest Bathroom. So the next day, all I needed was the laundry room, Little Boy's room, and the Master Bed/Bath. I think this is a method I might adopt regularly!

I know this isn't a "dieting" blog (I'll resist the urge to start yet another blog...), but I will share my dieting progress. I was getting a little frustrated, cuz after two weeks of 1500 calories, I had lost one pound, and I kept losing/gaining/losing the 2nd pound. OOOoh, I was getting downright mad! My friend very gently told me that maybe I need to avoid "empty calories". For example: 100 calories of broccoli, and 100 calories of donut, are not equal. Really? I thought they were equal. Don't read that sarcastically - I really thought they were equal. A calorie is a calorie, right? I mean,why should it make a difference as long as I stay within my allotted calorie intake? But ok, I thought it was worth a try. And then, I read that your body does not care how many calories you eat daily, it cares how many calories you have per meal. Therefore, if you have a high calorie meal, your body will store fat, even if your daily calorie intake is low. Hmmmm. So, I started eating nutritious, low cal meals every 2.5 hours. Yeah, just like a baby. I even set the alarm on my cell phone and put it in my pocket. I did this for one day...and I had lost 2.5 lbs by the next morning. Coincidence? I dunno. But I'm definitely eating every 2.5 hours from now on.

Hubby, on the other hand, has lost about 8 lbs. His method of weight loss? Watching me diet. That's it. He's just watching me diet, and the pounds are falling off of him. (GRrrrr!)

Well, off I go to start..no...off I go to continue my day. I've picked up the stray stuff around the house. I've started laundry. Kitchen is clean. Little Boy has eaten breakfast and is watching a movie. We cleaned out the office this weekend, so I have a few "yard sale" items sitting in my living room, so I'll have to find a place to store those things until the elusive yard sale happens. I have a pile of filing to do (hubby has saved every bit of paper from his entire life, and it makes his nervous to think of getting rid of any of it!). But once that pile is nicely filed away, we'll actually have some room in the office. Not much more room, but a little bit. (At least we'll be able to get to the window now.)

So it seems that this Monday is off to a semi-organized start. That makes me happy. Hey, I should throw something in the crock pot so then dinner will be done! (I love not having to think at 5pm about what's for dinner!)

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment