Thursday, August 21, 2008

Two Bits of Advice & One Question

Note to self: Never, ever, buy WHITE rugs for the bathroom again. It appears that people's feet are actually DIRTY when they're stepping into the shower or bathtub. Hence, the brownish color on the once-white rugs.

I decided to wash them today. Which leads to the next bit of advice...

Stop using Fabric Softener. I use Downy or Suavitel cuz I love the way clothes smell when I use fabric softener. Today, I put bleach into the bleach dispenser, and it promptly spilled on my feet. It appears that the dispenser was CLOGGED with WAXY, BLUE-ISH stuff, and so the dispenser had no choice but to overflow.

(Never mind the fact that I don't actually PUT fabric softener in the BLEACH dispenser...but that's a mystery to be solved another day. I have a couple of people to interview on that topic...)

So I've spent the last 1-1/2 hours cleaning out the gunk from my machine. I've googled how to do it...some say vinegar...some say vinegar ruins your machine. Some say use CLR cuz it's "natural", then they say, make sure you have adequate ventilation cuz it is "toxic" (natural AND toxic, huh?) So I used a good, old fashioned towel and brush and scraped it off. YUCK.

After a bit of Googling, I decided - no more fabric softener. I've been using liquid cuz I heard that dryer sheets are bad for your dryer..so now I surmise that the choice is to A) ruin your dryer, B) ruin your washer, or C) go without. I choose C. Hard scratchy clothes, here we come. Also, I read that Arm & Hammer detergent contains "washing soda" which, according to to the information highway, keeps your pipes clean. So, there you go.

Ever dream that my blog might actually be informative? Nope, I didn't either.

Now, for the question: HOW MANY TIMES CAN "THE VIEW" RE-RUN THE EPISODE OF MICHELLE OBAMA???????

I don't watch it every day. Just once in a while. And these random viewings have caught the same episode of them interviewing Michelle Obama THREE times. (and I figure those are only the ones I've caught). It was an OK interview. She seems like a nice lady. I just wonder why I haven't caught any McCain reruns. Things that make you go, "Hmmmm..."

That's it for now. Just wanted to complain for a minute.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz. It is nice to see your blog again. Media gives the Obama's way better coverage. Not fair. Wish there was a way they could stay impartial.

    Thanks for the info on the washer, it was very informative. :)

    ReplyDelete